Have you made your list and checked it twice? Don’t forget about your favorite remote professional. We may not be there for the office holiday lunch, but we want to celebrate along with you. While toiling in our home offices, cafes and co-working spaces, we’ve come up with quite a list of gift ideas to make your holiday shopping a little easier.
- Virtual Lunch. Send over some food from a local take-out joint and set up a telecall. Ban the business talk and just socialize. As an added bonus, it’s great for virtual team bonding.
- “Do Not Disturb” sign for the door. We love you, we really do, but sometimes we’ve just got to get the work done. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just a notice that we’re working would be welcome.
- Gift card for a local café. Working in a well-organized home is great for concentrated productivity but sometimes we just need to stretch our legs be around some folks. Being able to get a mochaccino latte with whipped cream is an added bonus.
- Membership to a local co-working space. (See #2)
- Snuggly slippers. These floors can get cold and we want to be comfy. They can be as goofy as you want, no one will see our feet anyway.
- Office supplies. We spend most of our time at our desks. It’s nice to have some fun accessories to make the place cheery.
- Relaxing aromatherapy candles. We’re working hard, and we need to do what we can to keep the stress levels down.
- Sturdy computer bag. When we go somewhere, we often need to take our office with us. We need a bag that is comfortable to carry and holds just enough.
- Extra phone battery. It’s so frustrating when you end up away from the home office and the phone runs out of juice. We need to stay in touch all the time with our team and family.
- Ergonomic chair or footstool. Let’s stop the slouching. The right equipment can make a big difference.
- Standup desk. Sitting for too long isn’t good for our health and we spend a lot of time in front of our computers.
- A few more hours in the day. Okay, maybe this is one wish you can’t actually grant, but wouldn’t it be great if you could?
Photo by Kira auf der Heide